The leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is almost impossible to detect until it’s too late.
Carbon monoxide (CO) can poison you before you’re even aware it’s in your home. Exposures of as little as 100 parts per million (the equivalent to one drop of water diluted into 50 liters) can be dangerous and even fatal if there is prolonged exposure.
Any appliance in your home that burns gas such as heaters, furnaces and cooking equipment can generate CO. Problems can occur if an appliance breaks or is damaged. Even something as simple as a small leak in a pipe in the attic can quickly fill a home with hazardous levels of CO.
The good news: Installing a CO detector can identify problems quickly and easily.